Monday, December 26, 2005

Snatchin' And Grabbin'

Jumpin' From 6 To 6 is going from strength to strength, with interviews, reviews and articles about the modern Rockin' scene. When Jumpin' From 6 To 6 vol. 1 pdf came out there was an interview with Dave Stuckey of the Dave and Deke Combo which caught my eye. They've got a great sound, good pedigree and a sense of humour. Check out a couple of tracks and then go check out the other albums on their site, and you'll see what I mean.

Snatchin' And Grabbin' - Dave and Deke Combo
Right Behind Me - Dave and Deke Combo

I've permanently got a Proper Records Box on my wishlist these days, as they're are putting out some wonderful compilations. It took me a while to realise that Snatchin and Grabbin was an old Bob Wills Western Swing tune featuring Skeeter Elkin on piano, so hear for your listening pleasure, and educational excitement. I guess times haven't changed so much

Snatchin' And Grabbin' - Bob Wills


And you can get it on Proper Records Box 83, there are some great tracks on this, their second Western Swing Box

2 Comments:

Blogger nffcnnr said...

Good post. Deke Dickerson is a native of my hometown - Columbia, Missouri USA. i thouroughly enjoy all of his records, but he must be seen live to be fully appreciated. He's a fantastic entertainer in every good sense of the word. He does tour Europe, so keep your eyes open!
awesomeometer

5:57 PM  
Blogger The DoorKeeper said...

I'll certainly be watching out for Deke and Hoping he gets over to Ireland. Cheers.

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home