Monday, January 09, 2006

More Western Swing

I meant to post these ages ago as a folow up to my previous post, but with illness and holidays, I'm just getting back into my comfy chair now, and well ... hear you go. The First is a Tune Deke and The Boys would thrive on. Tex Williams from 1950 and originally out on Capitol - it was co-written by Buddy Ebsen (better known as Jed Clampett The Beverly Hillbilly).

The song itself is a Nifty Riverboat Gambling Tale.
Wild Card - Tex Williams

There ought to be a compilation for YasYasYas records. I can think of about four in the Attic here, and they are all entertaining, The Sweet Violet Boys, recorded in 1937 is no exception. Aparently they were known as The Prairie Ramblers on their less risqué songs!
Round And Round (Yas Yas Yas) - The Sweet Violet Boys 1937 aka The Prairie Ramblers

Both tracks are from the aforementioned Properbox 83 - Stompin' Singers and Western Swingers.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent choices. Those Proper boxes are excellent. Many thanks.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

Thanks for sending me over to listen. I really enjoyed the track with its fun beat.

8:41 PM  
Blogger The DoorKeeper said...

Glad you enjoyed them! There is so much to hear!

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home