Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Charlie Feathers, with Jody and Jerry, but not Jess ... updated



Damn I forgot to move the files. Here they are for real this time
Spread The Good Word has a couple of tracks by Jess Hooper and mentioned that it isn't Charlie Feathers. I'd been wanting to post something by Charlie Feathers, coz he's such a survivor. When I heard those tracks I thought that it sure isn't Charlie Feathers singing, but maybe the band was backing Jess Hooper. Well I dug out my copy (lucky I could remember the safe combination ;~) of Meteor 5032, recorded six months later and had a listen to the Sacred Sound. Nahh! I thought - different altogether. But now you can Trust Your Own Ears.
Get With It MP3
Tongue Tied Jill MP3

Actually my copy is a boot from the 70s, bought in Camden Town ... still treasured, though.

2 Comments:

Blogger Reverend Frost said...

Yup, I think is definetely the same band !
aaa, legends and myths of rock'n'roll !

9:14 AM  
Blogger The DoorKeeper said...

I'm coming round to it, too. Really different recording techniques, perhaps. Imagine Tongue Tied Jill if the guitar had been up that far in the mix!

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home