Friday, February 17, 2006

Emmylou Harris


Just when I thought I had Emmylou sussed. But I should have guessed, after being discovered by Gram Parsons and then being snapped up by Bob Dylan for the Rolling Thunder Review, forming the Hot Band from Elvis' touring band, James Burton on guitar (listen to Driving Wheel), and still looking like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth, I ought to have known there are more gems to find in her catologue.

Jerusalem Tomorrow mp3 from the album Cow Girl's Prayer, is a shocker. Perfect delivery. This gal has played the crowds and knows her trade. Then she meets the incomprehensible and is ready to take it on on her own terms. This track just blows me away every time. Tighten your belt.

Driving Wheel mp3

3 Comments:

Blogger sp3ccylad said...

Oh, you beaut. Fantastic.

7:22 PM  
Blogger The DoorKeeper said...

Ain't it just! I love this track!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Richard Senior said...

Man, I gotta check her stuff out. What a voice, groove and the guitar don't get better than that. Terrific!

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home