Saturday, October 07, 2006

Recent MacIDOL uploads

Song For My Mama-la
slumbering
A beautiful melody for harp and cello - I can really drift with this - freedom for a space.

Friends Reunited - Sp3ccylad
This just chock full of great lines and a wicked backbeat drives it all home. "I'm leary of contacting anyone else for fear of finding out worse" His best? Could be. can't get it out of my head.

The Encounter - Vortex
More beautiful ambience form Vortex. Check out their music page. Then check it again. Great.

Cushion The Blow - Finer
Mellow Reggae track from the soul voice of Adam Finer. Think Gregory Isaacs.

Got A Job MP3
aka Gumbo
The job you had to do. Been there? Fun folkabilly from Gumbo.


I was right, you were wrong - Red Sea Station
There's a lovely Syd Barrett feel to this. Cheerful to the point of absurdity. Great fun and eerily poignant.

I'm Vegan (with The Emo's) - Veggie Philosophy
They must have had such a laugh making this. Stupendous.

Iridium Flare - Peter Greenstone
This is one of those crystal clear meltdown and watch the world tracks - get swept along with it. Perfect.

Junkie - Airforce One
Wicked Track. Absoulutely.

4 Comments:

Blogger none said...

That's so kind of you, Stu, thank you.

I didn't actually play a harp or a cello, i just played the parts on my keyboard, using software instruments. But my mommy loves it. :)

8:50 PM  
Blogger SpiresVortex said...

Stu! I've discovered this unknown page casually.
That's really a great ENCOUNTER!!!
I've sometimes met the Spirit of Creation,
and he said to me: "Vortex, somewhere there's an unknown place where you come from".... could be this one????? Thank you Stu! :)

12:06 AM  
Blogger The DoorKeeper said...

Hey! SpiresVortex! Well met, indeed. More than most you open Doors with your music.

Glad you could be with us - the party is just getting started.

12:38 AM  
Blogger SpiresVortex said...

My problem with WORDS in my tracks is that I'd like to use them,
but I always discover that I like more using them the less I can.
So, I like more tracks without words, or, when I use them,
the result is something "enigmatic". But that's good for me ...
I want to let free the imagination on the meaning of the song:
the real meaning is in the music atmosphere.
I've made a lot of excercise on this, listening many years
to stranger music without understanding words.
So, I could sing in a completely unknown or invented language.
It could be an idea for a next song ...:)
Ciao Stu!

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home