Thursday, October 12, 2006

Dougie MacLean - Caledonia

Keep the Coffee Comin posted the Mary Black version of Dougie MacLean's Caledonia the other day. Maybe you heard it. It got me wondering if anyone knows about this wonderful Scottish songwriter. I'm bushed (no pun intended) so I will just post a couple of songs and some links. He has been called the Scottish James Taylor, which does him a grave injustice (Dougie, not James. James is nice. Dougie gets inside your soul and causes it to expand in all directions. Maybe James does that for you. Perhaps you're in the wrong blog?)



Caledonia MP3
From Craigie Dhu

Stolen MP3
Scythe Song MP3
From Riof

2 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

I knew the Mary Black was a beautiful version, but this one is magnificient. Thank you posting it.

2:26 AM  
Blogger The DoorKeeper said...

Glad you liked it, Kat. He's one of my favourite artists/

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home