Monday, November 20, 2006

Anything Can Happen in The Next Half Hour



So Watch Out!

And Listen Up. I got some things to sell you. Tell you.

Take care, take a leak, get laid, get a haircut
trek on down to your general store,
tell them the Man at The Door said,
we gotta do it,
we gotta get it done .. before ...
we gotta buy, we gotta buy, we gotta buy
what we're needing
some of that EVIL Rock'N'Roll.

First Up.

32-20 Blues by Robert Johnson. Who owns this stuff these days? I gotta complete recordings on PLATCD 278 for five quid. Sacriledge. Go get.

Sam Hall by the Sumner Brothers who I've mentioned before ONLY NOW they have a CD (at CD Baby) More of which later. (Mine's on order). These guys are the future of Rock'n'Roll. Damn Your Eyes.

Neighbors MP3 by Swank who wil do you right if you ever got to see them grab it with both hands and order up two Bowls of Chilli. You Be daffy, I'll be Dilly get down to their Myspace site and listen To HEY JEB!! (download it even). Oh and about this track, Neighbors. They're Canadians, right. SAY NO MORE.

Rusty Cage MP3 by Johnny Cash from Unchained (at Amazon.co.uk). This is slowly becoming one of my favourite Cash albums. I had to get past the mix and into the music, but it's all there stingin where you least expect it. Rusty Cage, tho' ... well you hear it coming a mile off.

Brother My Brother MP3 by KC McKanzie from her CD "The Widow Tries To Hide" Interested? Go drop Buy. The Man said.

The Devils Right Hand by Steve Earle. Get you into trouble but it can't get you out.
Makes me wanna play the guitar and Sin.
From Copperhead Road

Easy Wind MP3 by The Grateful Dead FFS you have't got Workingman's Dead Yet? Not even the "twice as long with live material" Expanded Version? Shame.



Free Until they Cut Me Down MP3 My introduction to Iron and Wine blew me through the wall.
Poppa don't .. tell me what I should have done.
She's the one
She's the one who begged me.
Buy everything in the Store.


Love Like This by The Drive By Truckers. This is some of the most poignant sharply observed lifescapes I ever heard. It's been a tough month and this is part of the reason. Gird Your Loins.


Sweet Olive Tree By Langhorne Slim is my other fave track right. As the recording shows. At the end someone says "Fuck! That was ..." well we don't know what they thought. But by that time we already agree. This is your salvation.

Trust Me.

There. My job is done. Halloween is over. The Door is officially open for business. Get those Souls moving y'all.

2 Comments:

Blogger The DoorKeeper said...

Hell Yes. I bought two coz it's on a special. Some lucky budgerigar at Xmas.

This is what's supposed to happen in music Blogs isn't it?Some astute music fan drops by and hears something that has been created (seemingly) with them in mind .... and buys it.

WooHoo. Vive La revoltion!

Drunk? Me? No. Interesting idea though.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Reverend Frost said...

Amen :)

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home